|Main||Profiles||Fun Facts||Fan Culture||Music||Books|
- The characters for Saigyouji literally mean "West journey temple", and Yuyuko something like "Secluded child" or "Ghostly child." 'yuyu' (or 'yuuyuu', as in Yuu Yuu Hakusho) is reportedly the sound a Japanese ghost makes.
- She has more Spell Cards in Ten Desires than is usual for a Stage 1 Boss in the Touhou series; in fact, she has more Spell Cards than the game's Stage 2 and 3 Bosses.
- She is the only Stage 1 Boss, as well as Nazrin who has a purpose in the plot in Ten Desires. However she does not exactly have a role in the plot like Nazrin but rather being blamed for the incident but does know the incident herself.
- Being re-introduced in Ten Desires, she strangely did not receive a remake on her sprite which stands out the most among the other Ten Desire cast's sprites.
- One of Yuyuko's Scarlet Weather Rhapsody palettes resembles Ichirin Kumoi. As well, in Touhou Hisoutensoku, the sixth palette resembles Hong Meiling, Also there's a pallete that resembles Ran Yakumo.
- Yuyuko, along with Toyosatomimi no Miko, is the only final boss whose final spell is not immune to spells.
- The name Saigyouji comes from a famous Japanese poet, 西行 法師 (Saigyō Hōshi), who lived in the late Heian period and the early Kamakura period. He passed away in a temple, which is why the character "寺"(tera) is added (in this case it is read "ji" although this character is usually read as (tera).
- According to ZUN, Yuyuko looks like a pure, innocent girl who knows nothing, but in fact she knows everything and pulling the strings from behind(Usually using Youmu). In other hands, Yakumo Yukari pretends to be a perfect mastermind who control everything, but she is not invincible, nor omniscient.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.