|Main||Profiles||Fun Facts||Fan Culture||Music||Books|
- The name "Mima" means "charming demon".
- Mima appears on the covers of Story of Eastern Wonderland and Phantasmagoria of Dim.Dream. She is also on the cover of Akyu's Untouched Score vol.4.
- Mima is the only PC-98 character to appear on an official Windows cover, but not yet in a Windows game.
- Although originally a very prominent character in the series (one of the earliest bosses/playable characters and appearing in almost every pre-Windows game from the very beginning), like many PC98 characters, she has entirely disappeared from the series from Embodiment of Scarlet Devil onward. She is occasionally depicted in fanart or doujinshi as having taken up residence at the Hakurei Shrine, along with Suika.
- However, she appears again on the cover of Akyu's Untouched Score vol.4.
- The bloody knife she carries in her original appearance may be a hint at her past, how she became a ghost, or why she became an "evil spirit."
- It's unknown why she resents the Hakurei Shrine and if or how she may be connected with its past, but she seems knowledgeable about many things related to it, such as the Yin-Yang orbs only being properly usable by blood members of the Hakurei clan.
- One of her attacks used in Story of Eastern Wonderland (namely, Orreries Sun), slightly resembles the same attacks used by the boss Bloody Mary from the RPG Terranigma. This is most likely a coincidence, however.
- Mima was possibly made reference to in Curiosities of Lotus Asia Chapter 25, when Reimu mentions that her shrine was once taken over by an evil spirit for its god.
- She is one of the few characters without legs. Along with Wakasagihime, Soga no Tojiko, Kisume? and Unzan.
- But somehow when the player casts a spellcard in Mystic Square using her as the playable character, the portrait shows her with complete legs.
- Mima and YuugenMagan share the same theme, called "Angel's Legend".
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.