|Main||Profiles||Fun Facts||Fan Culture||Music||Books|
Formerly an ordinary human, Fujiwara no Mokou became an immortal being after drinking the Hourai Elixir roughly 1300 years ago. Now she is unable to die, though she can still feel the pain of injuries as a normal human does. She does not age, she'll never become ill, she is entirely self-sustained (nourishment such as food, water, or sleep does not impact her body at all), every injury she sustains shall cease; critical injuries will be healed in a matter of days. Complete destruction results in an immediate and complete restoration. This makes her completely indestructible, and it extends to her mental and spiritual states just as much as her physical state, as she is shown living a carefree life free of mental exhaustion even after 1300 years. She will never be able to die.
Due to her longevity, Mokou has garnered much experience and is able to endure a high threshold of pain. She is arguably the strongest human in Gensokyo, and her abilities are said to be on par with some of Gensokyo's most elite youkai.
Mokou has a long running history of hatred for Kaguya, sparked by her father's failure (assumed to be Fujiwara no Fuhito) to fulfill an impossible request at the time of his proposal to Kaguya. She also seems annoyed at Kaguya's persistent attempts to kill her, even through non-direct ways (as was the case when the human-youkai team was manipulated by Kaguya to assassinate Mokou after the events of Imperishable Night). Even though it has been over a thousand years since the initial ordeal, she continues to detest Kaguya, knowing full well that she can never get her revenge--nor can Kaguya ever put a permanent end to her. When not fighting with Kaguya though, she aids the nearby villagers by exterminating youkai and will even guide them safely to Eientei for medical treatment. She is a loner by nature and chooses not to socialize with humans or youkai and has a dubious personality that can easily switch from friendly to threatening and back again, but her actions seem to indicate she may be a good person.
Upon drinking the Hōrai Elixir Fujiwara no Mokou's mind, soul, spirit, body and very existence were permanently altered, granting her the following abilities.
- Perfect Immortality: The soul is made eternal and invincible, forcing her to live out her existence forever. Immortality unties the soul from the physical body, which is just recreated as necessary, although she still retains bodily sensations and functions. In this sense she is separated from the cycle of life and death, rendering her existence to be completely independent from the concepts of reality, space-time, fate, etc. granting her complete and perfect immortality. The effect is irreversible and cannot be copied or interfered with, she will always be restored to pinnacle condition.
- Eternal Youth & Health: Hōrai Elixir transformed her to pinnacle youth and health, she is incapable of aging, decaying, rotting, etc. She will never become ill, has no imperfections, possesses a perfect physiology and will never be able to die.
- Flawless Healing/Restoration: Heal all mental, conceptual, emotional, spiritual, mystical, physical, any/all damage to flawless/perfect/pristine state. Every injury shall cease; critical injuries will be healed in a matter of days. Complete destruction results in complete restoration.
- Clear Mind: She is capable of experiencing emotions regardless of her age, but those feelings do not play a prominent role in her thought processes. Her mental performance allows her mind to operate in the most efficient and rapid manner possible. Brain waves are always calm, akin to a zen monk. She is completely free from and immune to anxiety, concern, trouble or worries of any kind. She is perpetually content and immune to mental illness, etc. Hence why she can live a quiet, carefree life in the forest in perpetuity with soundness of mind.
- Eternal Memory: Her mind has unlimited storage and analytical capacity; able to instantly recall and cross-correlate any information stored with perfect clarity.
- Immunity: Is immune to all elements and elemental forces, being completely invulnerable to direct and indirect effects. Seem to be a mechanism that prevents immediate death after revival, in a sense it allows her to be safe and functional any environment.
- Fire Manipulation: She can create, shape and manipulate heat and fire
- Fujiwara means "wisteria" (藤) (fuji) and "field, plain" (原) (hara/wara).
- Mokou means "sister, younger sister" (妹) (mo) and "crimson, deep red" (紅) (kou).