I know it's not 31st December YET and that I am not a person responsible for all these cool changes but I am wondering what people are thinking to do to improve this Wiki?
Personally, I believe a new background should be added to celebrate the New Year and because I heard there were complaints and comments which said that this Wiki is dead. If it's dark then it's dead? Anyway, discuss stuff here!
Elementary my dear Wiki~ 01:12, December 27, 2011 (UTC)EpicSailor
- I bet those complaints are people who hate this wiki already in the first place. If they did have some care of this wiki, they would've said something a lot more constructive. If it's dark, I don't believe it's dead. IF it was dead, you wouldn't have made that post just then, I wouldn't be posting this post and in fact, this website wouldn't exist. This is only my opinion, but I like this new background. Although, it can change for new years, for example blue... green... yellow... red... ok I am getting distracted by colours... really I don't mind what colours this wiki changes to XD --Okuu 01:39, December 27, 2011 (UTC)
Indeed, if this wiki was dead there wouldn't be edits almost every day here!
I agree that changing the background from time to time can be a good thing, I think the wikia is always open to suggestions and making some for some dates is always nice, but a Christmas background is hard to work with, since the letters are difficult to read because of the light blue color, so it has to be worked on with some time before. I wish I knew more about that but the one that edited the last one was Ima, and she did a very nice job in my opinion, I like this color.
So if people that know how to work with backgrounds can talk with Ima that would be nice. Deciding some important dates and choosing some background image options would really help as well. If I am not mistaken it is better to not have many things at the bottom.
People that make a post like this one you did Epic (shorting kay?) show that people worry about this wikia, and that is a good thing.
I guess that is pretty much it. ^^ Alanomega 01:59, December 27, 2011 (UTC)
I've been talking with Imanie and we're working on a new background. Like Alan said though, it is tough to work with a winter background because the typical scheme don't help out reading the text a whole lot. Hopefully we'll have something in the next few days, though. If you have any image suggestions, feel free to let me know. --VS3025 12:58, December 28, 2011 (UTC)
- First, how about read this article exclusively by Imanie. Touhou Wikia won't be hatred with no reason IF someone didn't took over it. Originally the Touhou Wikia community is here, however due to a Wikia Skin issue, forcing almost all former Touhou Wikia community to build a new Touhouwiki (in which the link has been banned due to spamming). The original intend for Touhou Wikia should be totally abandoned, but somehow someone took it over and reconstruct Touhou Wikia and become what we saw here. Now the Touhou wiki community had splitted to two faction in which the former Touhou Wikia community is in another Wiki, while current Touhou Wikia, which should be abandoned, but restricted by Wikia policy, has been revived by another community. - KyoriAsh 06:56, December 28, 2011 (UTC)
- Man you need a life so you don't need to check out what we're doing over here every day. A job, a girl (or guy), a couple new hobbies. Anything. --VS3025 13:03, December 28, 2011 (UTC)
- I like the idea of changing the background during certain times of the year or for certain reasons (or none at all >o). I'm working on getting better at Photoshopping images, so.. I can try to make something look nice <.<;;
- Honestly, though. If anyone has any real, helpful ideas on changing the colors, etc. Blah blah. I'll get to work on a real skin this time (because this was mostly a test one to see how well it worked and was SUPPOSED to be changed for November and December, but I got busy :3).
- If you have color ideas, image ideas, word ideas, time ideas, any ideas! Post them up! Just don't be mean about it. I can even post up an image on how the main color changes work so more people can work on changing the background. We could have another poll or a contest to see who can come up with something interesting (and appropriate). -- 00:51, December 29, 2011 (UTC)
- It might be a good idea to post said image so people can learn more. Myself included. --VS3025 00:58, December 29, 2011 (UTC)
If anyone else is keeping up with the Eastern Zodiac, 2012 is the year of the Dragon, so why not have Hong Meiling as our backround character? That's a good start. :D Sendai Gundam 00:26, December 30, 2011 (UTC)
- For that kind of background, we could use this or this. Just suggestions. --Okuu 01:02, December 30, 2011 (UTC)
- That sounds like a cool idea. Chinese New Year starts January 23, 2012. I also found the stuff I was searching for in a much better form.
- I'd be for a change in the background, I seem to have enjoyed the selections so far, so I'm fairly certain it would be a nice background. Though being as I am somewhat fond of the current background I'd be more than fine with it continuing as the same^^.
Imfphas20 01:25, January 1, 2012 (UTC)
Maybe giving the PC-98 characters some attention? They are not really popular, anyway. ^^
XFujiwaraNoMokoux 11:16, January 9, 2012 (UTC)