|Attention: This article is a stub. If you can add to it in any way, please do so.|
Let's all read the manual!
How to Play
Cirno the ice fairy had been going along without a care as usual. Suddenly, it seemed her house had been devastated by someone while she was out. A mysterious flag stood above its ruins. On the flag was a picture of a bunch of fairies she was sure she'd seen before ...... Driven mad with rage, Cirno set out to find the fairies depicted on the flag. Yes, this was the beginning of the great fairy war. (For more info, read "The Great Fairy Wars" from volume 2 of the Strange and Bright Nature Deity collection books.)
You control Cirno, and attack the Three Fairies (Sunny Milk, Luna Child, Star Sapphire).
Cirno has the ability to freeze bullets. Use this to your advantage to gain the title Strongest Fairy!
- Arrows: move Cirno
- Shot key (Z): shoot
hold - ice barrier
holding SHOT does not auto-fire in this game
- Rapid key (C or Ctrl): rapid fire
- Bomb (X): Perfect Freeze
- Slow (shift): focused movement
- works even while tapping shot
- Pause (Esc): pause
Looking at the Screen
Motivation: Cirno's power gauge. If you hit a bullet, it will decrease by 100%. If you get hit when it's 99% or less, it's game over.
Ice Power: the power used in putting up an Ice Barrier. This is the same as the gauge that's displayed above Cirno.
Perfect Freeze: when this is 100% or greater, you can use Perfect Freeze
Frozen Screen Portion: calculated from the number of frozen bullets. Directly connected to shot power. The more you freeze, the stronger your shot becomes.
Level indicator: the shot level. Increases as you freeze more bullets.
You can freeze enemy bullets!
"The enemies are just fairies; don't they have too many bullets?"
- Since this is from Cirno's perspective, it looks like there are more bullets than usual.
However! This isn't enough to do Cirno in.
Cirno has a secret weapon.
Namely, the "Ice Barrier", which is activated by her normal shots.
The ice attack only effects her immediate vicinity, but somehow it can freeze any bullet it touches. You can even safely touch frozen bullets. If the ice shatters, the bullet will be completely destroyed! They will even freeze nearby bullets when they shatter.
You can continually freeze nearby bullets by aiming for areas where the barrage is thickest, and thus destroy the enemy's barrage.
If you just can't avoid the bullets, you should use your head instead of relying on Cirno's brains and find an effective freezing pattern!
The Ice Barrier won't stay at full power forever.
Even idiots can get tired.
Ice Power (the % gauge above your player icon) can't be used unless it's above 30%.
When it's close to 100%, you can use it continuously.
It will run out almost immediately at 30%.
When you use the Ice Barrier, Ice Power will return to 0%.
How to renew Ice Power.
- it will refill naturally over time (slowly)
- hitting enemies with your shot (fairly quickly, important during boss fights)
- defeating stage enemies (instantly)
- grazing enemy bullets (for high-level players, very important in later stages)
- storing it (refills more quickly than usual)
Watch out for special bullets!
"Won't it be too easy if you just keep freezing bullets all the time?"
Well, now, sure your enemies are dumb, too, but they can plan ahead a little. Watch out for the following attacks!
- Burning fire bullets - these bullets cannot be frozen. They'll fly right through your ice, so take care.
- Lasers - will go straight through ice and break it! The fragments will come flying out when the ice breaks, and you can run into them like normal bullets. Make sure not to let any ice near you get broken by lasers!
- Return to Fairy Wars